Office of Special Programs

Alcohol Service Form

Alcohol Service Request Form Agreement

Please refer to Alcohol Service Info or Alcohol Service FAQs for information on how to fill out the Alcohol Service Request Form.

You must read, understand, and agree to the terms of the agreement below before proceeding with this form. Read the agreement, check the I AGREE checkbox below, and click Submit to continue to the Alcohol Service Request Form.

The applicant, in checking the “I AGREE” box and submitting this form, is agreeing to satisfy the following WA State Liquor and Cannabis Board and University of Washington regulations:

The applicant will:

Obtain a WA State issued banquet permit

  1. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold separately for cash, scrip, tickets, or in any manner whatsoever, but must be included in the general admission charge, if there is one.
  2. The event may not be open or advertised to the public.
  3. Attendance must be invitation only.

Or, obtain a WA State issued Special Occasion License

  1. Alcoholic beverages are being sold separately for cash, scrip or tickets.
  2. Event is open or advertised to the public.
  3. Alcohol has been donated/sold at a special discounted price to the host organization.

Or, provide the Office of Special Programs with a copy of the Caterer’s Business License with Liquor Endorsement

  1. Alcohol beverages will be provided and served by a Caterer.

Additional agreements:

  • The approved alcohol service request, any related WA State alcohol permit and Caterers Business License with Liquor License (if applicable) will be posted in a conspicuous place on the premises for the duration of the event. A copy of these documents must be posted at each alcohol service location (bar).
  • The service and consumption of alcoholic beverages will be confined to the specific room or area identified in the Alcohol Service Request.
  • Persons under the age of 21 years of age may attend the function if there are effective safeguards to prevent consumption of alcoholic beverages by minors.
  • Please refer to your final approval email for complete instructions regarding WA State issued alcohol permit/license.
  • If the applicant fails to abide by WA State Liquor and Cannabis Board and University of Washington alcohol regulations the alcohol authorization will be rescinded.


By checking the “I AGREE” checkbox below, you acknowledge that you are at least 21 years of age, have read, understand, and agree to be bound by the terms of the agreement above.


Department or Organization Info

ex: British Columbia (Canada)

ex: 98111 (US) or A1A 1A1 (Canada)

Event Info

NOTE: Please use the same event title on all related UUF and ASR applications.

Location Not Chosen. Please Add Location

Add Date & location

Note: Please list ONE (1) room affiliated with this event.
If you have multiple locations in mind, please submit a form for each location. It is a WA State Liquor Control Board requirement to submit a separate ASR application for each location.

Event Details

1. Is the group/organization purchasing alcohol through a caterer?


2. Will alcohol be SOLD to guests?


3. For this event, is EVERY guest specifically invited via a closed guest list?

Note: If yes (the guest list is closed), then select Banquet.

Note: If your event is open to the general public (not invitation-only), select Special Occasion License(SOL).


Note: Invitation-only event means this is a private event, ALL guests must receive invitation to attend

4. Will there be minors or attendees under the age of 21?


5. Will there be attendees age 21 and above?


Review Application